Professional Services Consultant, Midwest
See who you know at Splunk
Print This Job
Chicago, IL, United States
Job Type: Full-Time
Professional Services Consultant
Location: Midwest; ideally Chicago but will consider candidates next to a major airport. 80% overnight travel.
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
Professional Services Consultants fuel solutions to ensure enterprise deployments make the deepest impact possible across an organization. Splunk consultants solve organizations’ most challenging problems, including the ones they didn't know existed. Splunkers are self-motivated, have an insatiable thirst to learn new technologies and thrive in a fast paced environment. Successful Splunk consultants feel comfortable mastering new technologies and come from a variety of business, analytic and technology backgrounds.Named one of the most innovative companies in 2013 and number one in Big Data, Splunk is looking to grow the foundation of its Professional Services team.
Responsibilities: I can do that!
The Splunk Professional Services Consultant will:
* Drive complex deployments of Splunk while working side by side with the customers to solve their unique problems across a variety of use cases
* Collaborate across the entire Splunk organization to bring access to product and technical teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation gathered from customer input
* Leverage previous experiences, share best practices and create innovative solutions to push user adoption and maximize the value of Splunk
* Enable customers to solve the next wave of questions on their ownRequirements: I've already done that!
* 3-5 years of current experience in technical consulting or big data analytics
* Ability to quickly explore, examine and understand complex problems and how it relates to the customer’s business
* Experience with both the Unix and Windows operating systems; comfortable on the command line interface
* Working knowledge or recent experience with scripting languages (bash), application development (java, python, .NET), databases and analytical tools
* Ability to stop, collaborate and listen with technical and non-technical consumers from IT administrators to executive level stakeholders
* Self-motivated and self-educating, yet willing and able to work collaboratively with both customers and fellow Splunkers
* Well organized with a healthy sense of urgency, able to set; communicate; and meet aggressive deadlines with competing priorities
* Demonstrable understanding of common enterprise applications (especially in the areas of security and finance)
* Not required, but a plus: statistical and analytical modeling
* Must be willing to travel up to 80% within North America
* Live in Chicago or major city/airport in the Midwest; will considering candidates in any major US city/airportEducation: I've got it!
BA/BS preferred in computer science, computer engineering, finance or mathematics or equivalent work experience
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is a fast growing and pervasive part of “big data”—generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of effectively managing massive amounts of machine data, and providing a next-generation platform for powerful new applications. Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 4,000 customers in over 80 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data for application management, IT operations and infrastructure management, cyber security, compliance, web intelligence, business analytics and more. Innovation is in our DNA – from technology to the way we do business.
Splunk software has become a platform for machine data!
Splunk now has over 500 employees worldwide, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in Cupertino, CA and 8 offices around the world.
We’ve built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ’s, soccer and “Fun Fridays”.